Sunday, May 26, 2013

Flats and Hand Washing Challenge: Day 7 (LAST DAY!)

This past week I have been participating in the 3rd Annual Flats and Hand Washing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry.


As I reflect on the last week, I realize it was not nearly the challenge I thought it would be. Even though this morning I had the messiest poopy diaper of the week, it still wasn't that bad. I hadn't washed diapers since Friday, so I had quite the stack to wash this morning, but it was still not even that challenging. 

Granted, I will be glad when I can just throw diapers in the wash, but the point of this challenge was to see how feasible it is to use flats and wash them, even if you didn't have access to a washer or dryer. And I can say I would fully recommend this method to any family struggling to afford diapers. Flats are very easy to use, easy to wash by hand, dry quickly, and it's not complicated to fold them. It would be even easier if I had a snappi or two, and some more covers. 

I'm looking forward to incorporating flats into my daily diaper routine more often now, and possibly even selling some of my pockets for a little extra cash (or maybe to buy some more covers ;p). I've learned how simple and cheap it can be to diaper a baby, and especially considering this is my first baby and I will likely have more than one baby in diapers at a time, it is good to know all my options. 

I really wish I had known about flats and prefolds before I bought all my pockets. I thought they had been phased out by the newer, cooler pocket diapers. I could have save us a lot of money. Now whenever a mom approches me about cloth diapering, I always mention prefolds and flats. =)

Well, its been a fun challenge! I'm looking forward to seeing how I use flats through out this year, and to participating next year in the challenge. Will you join me? =D

Deo Volente,
Breanna 

No comments:

Post a Comment