Friday, May 24, 2013

Flats and Hand Washing Challenge: Day 5

This week I am participating in the 3rd Annual Flats and Hand Washing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry.

Today we were asked to share about what's working, and what isn't. Well, one thing that for sure is NOT working is one of the waterproof covers. If I leave it on Squishy to long, well...lets just say we used 3 different outfits today. 

Overall, I would say that everything has been going really well. Hand washing is working fine for me, and instead of the hatred some of the other participants feel, I'm almost hesitant about going back to my pocket diapers and washing machine. Seriously, these flats are just that easy. I'm not sure if I will give up my pockets entirely, but I honestly don't know what I will do for a diaper on Monday morning. I guess we will just have to find out. 

Last night/this morning I didn't do so well with my "wash as we go" routine, which left me with a pile of 6 dirty flats. I had to break into my t-shirt stash (they worked great, by the way). So I decided to ditch the sink and use the bathtub. It was kind of fun, swishing and squashing the diapers with my feet. It took about 20 or so minutes to wash, rinse, wring, and hang all 6 diapers and 3 wipes. Not bad really.  Now they just need to be folded.....


I think at the moment that is the hardest part for me, keeping the clean diapers folded so they are ready for instant use. I pretty much only use the Jo fold, then stick a cover over it. His clothes still fit (though we haven't been using pants, thanks to this warm weather). Flats are a lot slimmer than I had originally thought. 

So, that's pretty much it. I think the challenge has been RIDICULOUSLY easy for me, especially compared to how freaked out about it I was last week. Most everything I've tried has worked for me, and if it hasn't, I've been able to easily adapt to it. And since it's late and I'm exhausted, I'll leave it at that. =)

Deo Volente
Breanna

No comments:

Post a Comment