Friday, April 19, 2013

DIY Body Wash

So, I've been meaning to start a blog for Crunchy Christian Parents for a while now. What better way to start that with a simple and useful DIY?

DIY Body Wash

This morning, as I was getting ready to shower, I realized I was out of body wash. Luckily, I remembered this easy recipe from Tiffany's Crochet Creations. I pulled out my bottle of unscented castile soap and set to work.


Ingredients:

1 cup liquid castile soap
1 cup water
3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted (I substituted 2 Tbsp of Cucumber Melon scented CJ's BUTTer Cream)
Essential Oils (I skipped this since I was adding the scented CJ's)



 I measured how much castile soap I had and realized it was just about a cup. So I poured it back in the bottle, then added the water.




Then I stuck my little tubs of CJ's in the microwave for about 30 seconds each, until melted. Then they carefully went into the mixture. As you can see, some of it wasn't totally melted and kind of stuck to the top of the bottle. 



That was pretty much it. I gently tipped the bottle up and down to mix it all up, then headed to the shower! It lathered nicely in my bath poof. Actually, it lathered extremely well. So many bubbles!! Even though we all know bubbles don't equal clean, its still nice to have them. The only down side was that I couldn't really smell the cucumber melon. =( So next time I will probably just use regular coconut oil and essential oils. Or maybe even homemade coconut milk? =D


So there you have it! Easy DIY body wash. Let me know how you like it!





No comments:

Post a Comment